Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Atchley Family Vacation

Carrie took on the daunting task of planning a family vacation for 10 people...all who are pretty opinionated :) She ended up picking Orange Beach, FL as our destination, we stayed at the Grand Pointe resort and it was BEAUTIFUL!! It was right on the beach, but also had it's own indoor and outdoor pool. Also it's own indoor and outdoor hot tub! It had a workout room, sauna etc...but who could enjoy all that when all you wanted to do was be out at the gorgeous beach?!? Our room was also perfect! It accomodated all 10 of us fantastically! It had 3 full bathrooms, a full kitchen and an incredible balcony that we all got to sit around and socialize on everynight! Thank you Carrie for planning such a fun, smooth and care free trip!! I think you may have earned yourself the planning privledge for next year ;) Here are a few pictures from the trip, I say a few because I was very bad about taking any at all! I had good intentions, but ended up with about 10 :)

Chris and I on the first night we got there, a little dark but you can see how great our balcony was!

The second day of laying out (and the only day I took pictures) Chris of course was being as goofy as possible...

Carrie and I. Note to self, when you are 6 months pregnant (or when your 0 months pregnant for that matter) don't stand next to Carrie in your bathing suit :)

Jackson and I on my birthday. We have this same picture from his first birthday...except in that picture he was a little more smiley...I'm not sure if it's because he wasn't getting any presents this time or if he was still mad at everyone for singing me happy birthday

Blowing out the candles on my 25TH birthday cake! It was the yummiest ice cream cake I have ever had!!

Chris and I on my birthday...Thanks babe for giving me the best 25th birthday ever! Who could ask for a better birthday than spending allllllll day laying out, relaxing with family and then a delicious dinner and ice cream cake!!

Jackson in the cutest little striped outfit that Mimi brought him! He is pretty cute in whatever he wears, but this one was precious!

My handsome husband posing on the rocks next to the ocean, it was sooo hot on the rocks, note the bottle of water in his hand
Chris and I on our last day at the beach, I wanted 1 good "framer" from the trip and I think this will do the job :) He is such a good looking guy!
Waiting in the airport to head back to Oklahoma...we should have taken a before picture so we could compare our newly tanned faces. I am also wearing one of my new birthday cardigans although you can't really tell
I saved this picture until the end...that way the post could end on a happy note from the beach :) We had so much and can't wait until next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment