Monday, June 28, 2010

happy birthday to me :)

this year was my golden birthday!! let me guess, you have no idea what that means? well neither did i until my little sister informed me...let me fill you in. apparently, when your age is the same as the day you were born (i.e. 26 years old on june 26th) it is your "golden birthday" to me it just meant 1 year older, and another year wiser of course :) i am not at all afraid of getting older, nor am i one of those people that dreads turning 30, 40 etc. because getting older means another year has passed with LOTS of new memories!

here are a few, in no particular order...
  • gave birth to our first son, our main man keller!
  • realized i could actually survive this motherhood thing :)
  • moved back to my hometown of duncan, ok, had to leave behind great friends in edmond
  • started several odd jobs around town, allows me a creative outlet
  • sold our old house, bought a new one, made it feel like a home
  • went on 2 amazing family vacations
  • watched my baby sister graduate from college
  • saw chris start a new job, which he has loved...i enjoy knowing he's happy
those are just a few of the great things that happened to me at 25...can't wait to see what happens at 26! now here are a couple pictures of chris' present for me ;)
what is it!?!?
just some gorgeous earrings ;)

1 comment:

  1. a little late on this, but those are beautiful! hope you had a fabulous birthday. sounds like this year has been really great for you!

    ReplyDelete