Monday, August 16, 2010

day 08


day 08.
a picture that makes me sad.

this is a photo of my granddad rusty making homemade ice cream for an article the duncan banner did back in 1965. this picture make me happy and sad, i guess i cheated. my granddad rusty, or funpa as we affectionately called him, was my dad's dad. he is the only grandparent that i have lost. i had all 4 of my grandparents alive and WELL until i was more than 22 years old. i was fortunate enough to have very close relationships with all of them as well. my granddad rusty died unexpectedly on august 6, 2006...just as i was starting my last semester at osu. it was the most gut-wrenching news i've ever heard. 4 years later we all still tear up sometimes when we talk about him, but that's not the way he'd have it :) he was the most fun loving guy you could ever meet, and a fantastic husband, father, grandfather and friend. he left quite the legacy for us all to live up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment