Wednesday, February 3, 2010

commune living...

okay, so i planned on posting several updates last week....then on thursday, as i was playing with keller and enjoying the winter weather, we completely lost power.  at first i was a little annoyed, but figured "oh what the heck, i'll just run some errands and it'll be on in a few hours."  well, 7 days later, we are STILL waiting on power at our house  :(   God has taken care of us for the past week though.  The first day we were out, my dad's office had power so we hung out there in the evening and then slept at my parents house (no power there, but they did have a warm fireplace to keep our little man warm).  day 2: hung out at my Grandma Sylvia's all day, she had gotten her power back.  we did lose it for a couple hours but it came back on before it got dark.  we stayed the night again at my parents.  day 3: spent the day in lawton, enjoying civilization!!  hung out at my grandma's in the evening and spent the night at my parents.  day 4: hung out at my parents in front of the fire, then spent the evening at my grandma's, my parents got power back at their house in the evening, spent the night at my parents for a 4th night.  day 5: chris had to go back to work, keller and i spent the day between my dad's office and my parents house, everyone spent the night at their house again.  day 6: pretty much the same as monday.  today makes day 7....i hope to be able to look back at this and laugh some day soon  :(  hope everyone is staying warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment