Saturday, February 20, 2010

spaghetti squash...

and now what chris and i get to eat....okay i won't lie, this was actually really really good!  i had never heard of spaghetti squash until i read about it on thepioneerwoman's website.  i know i know, i'm obsessed with her cooking, so sue me.  this was actually a recipe submitted by one of her other "followers" and i am so glad i stumbled upon it!  it is clearly a vegetable, so it's much better for you than traditional spaghetti.  and it's SO EASY!  you bake the whole spaghetti squash in your oven at 375, for 45 minutes-1 hour and when it comes out, cut it half lengthwise, scoop out all the seeds then use 2 forks to pull all the "spaghetti" out.  i added a little parmesan cheese, and a little pepper.  they say you can add oil/butter etc but i wanted to keep it as lean as possible.  it was amazing!  1 cup of this cooked has 0 fat grams, 42 calories, 10 carbs and 1 gram of protein.  it's a great way to sneak in some veggies and feel like you're eating something bad for you :) 
the spaghetti squash with a little parmesan and pepper...
add a little grilled chicken...
this was a fantastic dinner and it was healthy too!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on her site too, but the thought of it kinda scared me. I need to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I will have to try it! isn't PW great? I've just recently started checking out her blog...one of my friends is obsessed and met her at her book signing etc. I'll definitely check out some of her recipes!

    ReplyDelete